Sunday, January 24, 2010

Community

Today is a beautiful day in Monteverde. Today I went to a birthday gathering for three wonderful people here in Monteverde. Today I sat in the sun and watched dogs and babies and listened to people play guitar and flute and drums and saxaphone and I laughed and I was happy. Today in Monteverde I felt, finally, like I was part of a community.

Today in the sun of Monteverde I thought about my days at MHC and ached so badly to be sitting in the sun with those women again. Maybe this is life - finding people you love all over the world. I know it sounds wonderful, but sometimes this is hard. Sometimes I wish I did not have so much love to give out, but then realize immediately that that is not what I want.

Right now I am listening to "Too Many Birds" by Bill Callahan, sent to me by a wonderful man I know in Brooklyn. It if funny and beautiful and interesting, just like he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment