Sunday, February 20, 2011

Overdue Photo Update

This was a post I started in February, but lack of access to fast internet makes uploading pictures boring, so I stopped.


This is the sunset over the Gulf of Nicoya. The Gulf of Nicoya is beautiful and being able to see it is one of my favorite things about living in Monteverde.


This is sapote, a fruit I discovered one day at the farmer's market. I've tried it twice and realized that it's not a fruit I think I'll buy again, but we did have a good time together. Brown and papery on the outside,


red and slick and smooth on the inside.


Big 'ole center pit.


Good with coffee.


This was one of two twin pits I found in a sapote one day. What a beautiful, curvy, shiny thing it is. (more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapote)

Jacotes before consumption.


Jacotes post consumption. (more info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spondias_purpurea)


My walk home after work. Very bright, whole sky rainbows are not uncommon in Monteverde.

No comments:

Post a Comment