Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The last of it!

Ok, let's finish this up. I'm skipping photos and video of really cool birds at the Hong Kong aviary. For no real reason.

But I will throw in some shots of Hong Kong at night:





And shots of taking shots of Hong Kong taxis at night:


And then we flew from Honk Kong to Bangkok and took a cab to the train station.


And then we got on the train and looked out the window for a bit.


And then we climbed up into our bunks, across the aisle from each other, and slept the night away. I slept like a baby but Ji-Soo hardly slept at all because he was right next to the AC vent.




After the 12 hours on the train we got off and hopped on a bus. We saw a lot of flooding.






And then we got on the ferry. We were too tired/cranky/hungry/dirty at this point to enjoy too much, but I did get mesmerized by the movement of the water.



We then hopped a cab to the hotel where we stayed for about 5 night to celebrate the wedding of one of Ji-Soo's good college friends. There are not a lot of pictures from this point on out, since I spent most of the days eating, napping and lounging. It was beautiful and the rain cleared up the day after we arrived. A few highlights:

We found a giant snail.

Ji-Soo is fun to hang out with because I saw the snail and wanted to pick it up but paused, not knowing if that would gross him out but he just said, "Want to pick it up?" And so we did.



And we took a bunch of pictures.


And some video.




And then we spent the rest of our days doing this:


Fly back to Bangkok, and spend the night. This is the house I want to live in if I ever live in Bangkok:


Then a flight to Hong Kong and eventually, we had to leave Asia and head back to the United States and our real lives. Here is one last shot of the hazy, beautiful Hong Kong airport.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! My name is Amy and I found your blog by searching for more info about the monteverde friends school--I am a teacher in the states and am interviewing via skype tomorrow for a position at MFS. If you are able, I would LOVE to talk to you about your experiences teaching there! If you have a chance, email me at amygrelck@gmail.com. Thank you so much!

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete