Monday, January 16, 2012

Shenzhen Day 4: Art Village

Art Neighborhood

This day we were together as a pack of six and headed to an area of Shenzhen known for inexpensive art. And by art I mean mostly copies, but some originals also. Before we got started I had to use the restroom so we stopped in a free art museum, which lead to us wandering around the entire museum before doing anything else.

Some crummy photos of some cool art:













And then we went into the art village, which is shop after shop after shop of very inexpensive hand painted...well...copies. There was some original art. I was more into the artist work stations than the actual art.









On our way back to the train we passed by this calligraphy shop. This is not where Ji and I got our own calligraphy water mats, but it was one like this. There was a huge variety of brushes of all sizes.





Here is a picture and a video I took on our way home from the art village. It doesn't quite show how dense and beautiful the area was, but I loved it.






And, if you'd like to see some REAL video, check out the editing project Ji-Soo made (it blows my videos out of the water): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjQqy1r2svE

Real time update, Sunday January 22, 2012: We made scallion pancakes and pork dumplings for Lunar New Year. Well...we wanted to make the food and then realized afterwards that it was Chinese New Year so it worked out great!



We baked some pig skin also. Ji's comment: "I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I think it's too fatty." My comment: There was none, I was too busy eating.




Dumplings boiling, boiled and to boil, with sauce. Ji's comment: "Wow, they actually taste like what you get at a Chinese restaurant!" Success!

1 comment:

  1. I love the work stations too.............. and Ji's video......and audio.

    ReplyDelete