Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ji-Soo and Ginna Try to Leave Brooklyn: Take Four

I could not spend another day cooped up in the apartment and Ji-Soo had the great idea of going to the Botanical Gardens. We chose to go to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens, which didn't get us out of Brooklyn, but we had to take the J train into Manhattan to get the 2/3 so technically, we got out. And, a pleasant surprise upon arrival - admission was free! Here are some highlights:


This area was hot and humid. I was pretending to be some sort of jungle animal - maybe a howler monkey.


Ji-Soo loved this flower because it looks like there is a little puppy inside.


I don't know what this is, but I liked it.


Ji-Soo thought this one looked like it had a little alien in the middle with head, eyes, out-stretched arms and a funny leg/butt part. I like the color and the markings.


Hanging roots.


Little guys at work.


Symmetry.


No. Clue. But it looked cool - colorful, like a fruit dessert, sprinkled with confectioners sugar.


Jamaican poinsettia.


Bonsai.


I fell in love with the little leaf in the center. I think this is an elm - Ulmus?


More Ulmus.


I love these sad, dried out little guys. Ji's take: resilient, not sad.


We made a little friend.


My favorite of the day, vine lilac, snuggling with rosemary.


I thought these guys looked like little snakes.


Bromeliads - in the desert! I have only ever seen them in the cloud forest in Costa Rica.


Don't touch.




More ants.

1 comment:

  1. I knew immediately that was a howler monkey!

    ReplyDelete