Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

Here are some images from my wonderful, warm and wet Christmas day in New Bern, NC. I wanted to post the picture of my mom with her head tilted back dropping a handful of pomegranate seeds into her mouth, but I decided not to.



These are peach tree leaves that Aunt S brought in for us.


This is the little dude that guards the campground. Thanks, faceless, genderless little dude, thanks.


Some ducks trying to act like it was actually cold out today. Not even.


Aunt S was in the shower and mom snuck these blue lights in and set them up. She asks me, "Do you think these with drive Aunt S crazy?"
"Um...they might drive me crazy." Which really just means that they are awesome and I love them. Aunt S calls them snorkeling lights and has decided to keep them. Mom says she got them for free and I ask how.
"Dumpster diving."
I scoot a little further away from the trash lights.

Non-image update:
I am out of pomegranates. I'm not sure what to do.

3 comments:

  1. please keep your withdrawal under control until you come back to these brooklyn fields red with pomegranates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss your smiling face down south - Be happy and enjoy your family :)
    Sally and Boys

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have missinformed you. I think the Spanish moss is on a conifer, a cedar. And re Happy Machine's comment.... guess you need to show a shot of pomegranate in NB in blue glass. Aunt S

    ReplyDelete