Sunday, December 27, 2009

Fun in New Bern

At midnight last night Mom decided it was a good time to open her new box of 72 colored pencils. Then we decided together it was a good time to take pictures and play with the setting on my camera. Mom and I share a fascination with nice pens and colored pencils.


There was a massive amount of fruit here at my aunt's in New Bern when I arrived this past Thursday morning. They had already given some away to people in the neighborhood and Mom and I brought a bunch to a shelter, but there was still too much. We found a banana bread recipe in a vegan cookbook and I volunteered to make it. Aunt S thoughtfully set out on a tray all of the ingredients and tools I would need the next morning....


...on a folding table in the shower! There is not a lot of space in an RV and we are a creative family. For the record, I had to sit on the toilet to take this picture.


Mom and I headed into town for some more sight seeing. We saw this beautiful church and some graves on the property. I promise, we did not go looking for grave sites, but once we had found them, I couldn't help but take some pictures...







Mom is a good subject. When I asked her to sit on this bench and look casual, she did not even hesitate. She also did not say anything about the fact that her youngest child was crouched in the middle of the street taking pictures.



We passed a barrel of flowers on the sidewalk and Mom said they were petunias. I got excited and told her that I know someone who calls every flower a petunia. I thought it would be a great idea to take pictures of actual petunias so this person could learn. After I'd taken one picture Mom says, "Oh wait, those aren't petunias, they are pansies." Whatever. They are pretty and I kept taking pictures. And now we know - this is not a petunia.


House in New Bern.


This is a seed pod from my new best friend, the crape myrtle.


This is the thingie that holds the seed pod onto the tree, my new best friend, the crape myrtle.


The walk back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment