Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Quick, Poorly Written Update

8/29/09
The best day so far. This is what I did today, in chronological order:

-woke at 5:30 a.m. Breakfast was sourdough bread that a couple here makes and sells with blackberry cream cheese jelly from the cheese factory. I was out of the house at 6:05. I walked 5 km down to Santa Elena, bought mangos, lettuce, spinach, Q-tips, tomatoes and this green fruit I forgot what it’s called. I walked 5km back up. Emphasis on UP.

-did laundry, sat in hammock, hung laundry, read travel novel, swept porch.

-played Frisbee at school for over an hour. The youngest player was a student of mine in 4th grade. There were also students and teachers from the other private school in Monteverde, high school students from my school, a parent, some guys I’d never seen before and a bunch of dogs. It was FUN.

-showered, munched on some fresh pineapple, went to internet cafĂ© to play and eat a hamburger. I was sooooo excited for a burger and fries. Turns out it was too much for me and I had to leave half of it on the plate. Who would have thought that after a 6 mile walk and over an hour of running my butt off I couldn’t even finish a burger and fries?

-Came home, changed into pj’s, laughed at my sun burnt face (yes, even in the Cloud Forest!), watched Wall-E on my laptop.

Now please answer me this: Does it get any better than this? I am sore and tired and feel healthy and happy and strong. Healthy and happy and strong. Hm, I like that.
I was up early enough this morning to pass the cows on the road on their way to pasture and passed them again this evening on their way back.

And now for some random photos:

This is my favorite view from my walk to and from work every day. It's even better when there are cows. If you stand still, you can hear them munching from very far away.


My classroom! We have only turned the lights on once so far this year. Two full walls of windows and more than one skylight.

See how neat and organized it is? This picture was taken before the first day of school.


The raised area to the left used to be a storage closet, but the wall was knocked down this summer to make room for our 21 kids - the largest class in MFS history!


This is what happens when you have the lights on near the window at night. They used to kinda freak me out, but now I love them. I also don't leave the lights on by the window at night anymore.


Um...bugs dominate my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment