Saturday, August 15, 2009

Things You Should Know About My Life in Costa Rica That Will Make You Want to Come Visit

1. Awesome porch. Awesome hammock. Awesome view.


2. This is a five minute walk from my house.


3. Welcome to the Monteverde Reserve. I get in for free because I live here. You will not, but I'll be happy to go with you every single day you're here.


4. The hanging bridge.


5. The FREE hummingbird gallery a 20 minute walk from my house. I ran there today - not too many hummingbirds, only about a gazillion or a gazillion and a half. (photo credit: Noelle's forest guide)


6. Good food. Ok, Noelle actually cooked this food, but I can cook also, and will cook for you when you come. (photo credit: Noelle)


7. Fresh fruit! (photo credit: Noelle)


8. You can visit my classroom and/or volunteer at my school. My classroom looks a lot nicer now. (photo credit: Noelle)


9. Farmer's market every Saturday morning with a lot of local organic produce.

10. Falling asleep/waking up/ updating your blog to the sound gently or not-so-gently falling rain.

11. So many cool plants!







12. Orchid Garden in Santa Elena. (photo credit: Noelle)

2 comments:

  1. I really really really want to come now! (instead of just really really)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I will sit here and wait for your arrival. Did I mention that when you come you will stay with me for free and we can walk to the farmer's market together and then go hiking in the cloud forest? Just saying...

    ReplyDelete